Safety Get - Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank
Or should I say First Inconvenience Bank and Safetyget.com???
I entered my credit card # in some age verification site that said it would charge nothing ($0.00) to my acct. Then I'm redirected to a page that tells me I've been subscribed to free 3 day membership to some amateur site I didn't even sign up for and I have 3 days to cancel or I'll be charged $34.95. So of course I went and canceled right away, Safetyget.com site shows that it was within 10 min of entering my credit card at the age verification site. the The next day I go to my bank and they tell me I'm overdrawn because of a hold this company put on my acct. for $35.00 and charge me an overdraft fee due to it. So I file a complaint with the bank (First Convenience Bank), which they did nothing about and told me I would have to get a letter from the company stating the transaction was made in error and asking them to reimburse any charges and fees to my account due to this transaction. So I call safetyget and let them know about it and that the bank said there would be no penalty or charges to the company if they sent in the letter. They tell me they don't do that and won't, so I ask for the address of their legal department. The lady tells me they don't have one. I ask where my attorney should send a letter and she tells me goodbye and hung up on me. So much for customer service.
Now to the Bank issue, when I originally filed the complaint with the bank the branch managers assistant told me if it was never charged to my account they would of course reimburse any fees that resulted from this hold. Four days later and speaking to the branch manager now, I get a completely different story. Now they tell me they won't without the letter mentioned above. I have previously posted a complaint here about this bank and it's practices. Seems that every two or three weeks I'm in this bank arguing with them over some way they've found to charge me a fee on this free checking acct. Well I'm fed up!!
If you've ever had a legitimate billing issue with either of these companies and it hasn't been worked out or you simply gave up due to the excessive hassle. Please contact me at email@example.com with a brief explanation of what happened and your contact information and I will provide it to my lawyer who is currently putting together a class action lawsuit against both Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank.
A very pissed consumer,
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Age Verification Check
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I opted to use NetSpend Premier Debit Cards to receive my rax refund through TurboTax. I finally received it on April 19th, 2016. My husband was sent a primary card..."
- "said we made over 150k per year and did not make dollar one yet! paid them 5k for signing us up for credit cards!!! credit score was 780 now 566!!!!..."
- "I have been a Netspend customer for a couple of years, and before now, never had any issues. I signed up for their text message alerts, which texts my..."
- "I ordered a chair from wayfair the color i ordered was vanilla. It was surpose to be a whitish color chair but when the chair arrived i opened the box..."
- "Let me just start by stating...I am a real customer..i'm in no way affiliated with Morgage Investors Corporation except through my VA Hybrid Refi with them. I truly understand the..."
- "http://www.fcer.com First Choice Emergency Centre Haslet, TX beside the Pizza Hut on 287 & Avondale Haslet (near the new Walmart). I just received the bill and did a bit of online..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."